Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A letter to Renesmee

I wrote this letter a few days after Ness was born, in hopes she would read it when she was a little older

A few days have passed since you entered this world and already you have made an impact. Beautiful beyond words, is the thought that came to my mind as Rosalie held you. Certainly no one would be able to deny their love they already felt for you. Did you know that the instant Bella woke up and saw you that this family truly became whole. Everyone had a glimpse of what life could offer in your eyes, something that your aunt Rose really needed.

Fear strikes me slightly as I think of the difficulties you may face in life. Gosh kiddo you already have me fearing something and that’s a miracle. Having said that I have advice for you when things get tough and you feel like the world is letting you down. I hope that even when the days are cloudy and you feel like crying that you don’t give up. Just because things get ugly doesn’t mean that there is not a bright shining rainbow at the end of it. Kindness should be your main asset but never settle because of it. Life is far to precious to just settle on things and you are far to brilliant to settle for less than what you deserve. Most importantly remember that your family will always love you and have your back. No one else will be able to get you down when you remember these things. Oh and one more little piece of advice, if you have a wild streak like sneaking out do not think about it around your father. Please for the life of me don’t do it anyway but try to hide it if you do.

Quiet fills the house as I write this letter to you and I can imagine you years from now reading it. Remarkable things will happen between now and then and I can only hope that your life will be one of happiness. Something that fairy tales are written about and other little girls are jealous of. The day you were born will stay sacred to me because it was the day something changed in me. Usually your aunt Rose was the only woman to own my heart but on that day you stole a piece of it as well. Various things in me changed but you made me calmer and funnier, let my fatherly side show even though I will never get to show those sides to my own children. With these things being said I must finish this letter up and go help your mom hunt since she is new at this life. X-box’s will also be your friend in this world when people are bothering you, yes I know it’s not really advice and I’m late adding this but I’m sure when you read this you will know me enough to understand why. You’re an amazing full of life, take your breathe away girl ok, never forget that. Zealous I’ am for you to read this letter but I must seriously go now.
-Your Uncle Emm

0 comments: