Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Hardest Part:Part 2

From the first few moments of Rose and I interacting I had this minuet feeling in the back of my mind that something was off about her. That something she had been through had left an effect on her. Often I would watch her mannerisms around Edward and Carlisle, she would act almost scared like but I never knew why until a regretful move on my part brought her demons to light.

My throat was going through that familiar burn and I knew I needed to hunt, so I asked Rosalie to accompany me. She lead the way, as seeing I was practically a newborn and still needed help navigating my way to the best hunting spots. During the midst of my hunt I noticed Rose sitting on a rock watching me but I ignored attacking a bear and some how covering my self in blood. To tell the truth I was a total mess but yet Rose set upon the rock spotless as if she has just took a shower.

I turned to her when I noticed a faint laugh and then as it rose. She was laughing at me but I had no idea why. I probably had to ask her at least ten times why she was laughing before she teasingly gave in and told me it was because of how I looked. I myself thought how funny it was and burst out in a smirk a mile wide. Feeling flirtatious I started walking forward to Rose, joking with her that I wouldn’t let her stay clean for much longer. Being the air headed person I am I never noticed how uneasy she looked. I just kept walking forward closer and closer to her before jokingly jumping on her and pinning her down. I expected to look down and see her beautiful smile laughing but she was a stone. All expression on her face was gone, she didn’t move an inch. I started calling her name but she just laid there, it had me worried so I finally moved off of her. The moment she snapped out of her hysteria she ran back home.

The whole run back home I tried to process what I did or what had happened. Why had she froze on me. I knew something horrible had happened to her then, something so horrible I may never be able to understand it. When I returned home the family was in the living room minus Rose and I went into the dramatic story of what happened. As I explained that I was playing and pinned her down everyone went silent. The silence was eerie and explained so much more than words could have. My brain kept screaming that I needed to know, so I asked “what happened to her?” The room was silent for another moment before Edward answered that it really was not for him or anyway one else to tell but Rose. Anger flooded over me because he would not tell me but then understanding so I decided to find Rose and see if she would give me even a flicker of maybe to what had happened to her.

As my footsteps hit the stairs I ran through various ideas in my head as to how I would get her to open up to me. I heard Rose In the bedroom and entered to sit next to her. Before I managed to even say one word she started spilling tome what had happened. As I glanced over to her she stared at the ground, never once turning to face me and I knew what I was going to hear was hard for her to admit. As the details of her horrible experience were unfolded to me I became internally angry. I wanted to kill the ones who had hurt her and then I just felt sad. I wanted to help this angel who had been hurt and scarred forever. As she finished her story I kneeled in front of her placing my hand on her thigh. Rose finally faced me and the look on her face was one I will never forget. It raised the angry feeling slightly and I wanted to know where the men were but she told me they were dead. Part of me was grateful for that but part of me was jealous as I didn’t get to kill them with my own hands. Silence fell again and I understood she no longer wanted to talk about it. It has taken a long time ,but slowly over the years Rose has opened up to me even more. She is my angel and there is nothing I would not do for her. Her love and understanding completes me and that’s all I want to do for her as well.

0 comments: